Saturday, December 8, 2007

ListenToYourWife.com

What Company is Saying:
ListenToYourWife.com you ask? The idea for this site started when I shared a NPR Radio story to my husband. My background is in Art, and I didn't have much knowledge on the subject, so it thrilled me because it gave me an opportunityto share an insightful story about HIS industry (IT).

However, from the moment that I was sharing the story, I felt a sense of skepticism in Howard's big eyes. He didn't believe a thing that I was saying!!! Worse was that he had the nerve to hop on to the computer in front of me and start Googling for the story. I couldn't believe what I was seeing!! When has my story become a fairy tale? Just because he has been in the industry for such a long time, it wasn't fair for him to automatically discredit it just because it came from me! Had the story come from his friends, co-workers, or even Sports Radio he would've believed it!!!

When he realized that the story was true, he turned to me and added, 'I guess you were right...'. I commented in an annoyed and sarcastic tone, 'Do you ever believe me?. Since you need the internet to validate my story, perhaps you should go to ListenToYourWife.com." Again Howard went to the computer and typed in listentoyourwife.com. At that time such a site did not exist. But it certainly gave us ideas.

I guess you could say something clicked in our heads after that experience. Howard and I were sure that I wasn't the only wife that felt this way. There must be thousands, if not millions of other wives with similar experiences. Why isn't there a site where I can go to share my marriage experiences? I needed a place to BE HEARD!! There was MySpace and FaceBook for teens and college students; LinkedIn for business professional. What about wives? Why not a destination portal where wives can freely go to express themselves?

Well, I guess you could say the rest is history. With the help from other business partner and my wonderful husband, (who now pays more attention to what I say), We've created this website to allow wives and future wives to connect, share their expertise and stories, and their life experience.
More at:http://www.listentoyourwife.com/

No comments: